Holisticz - Embrace the Infinite

Step into the world of endless opportunities and unlock the gateway to virtual transactions.

• Domain Update: Our Forum has moved! Please visit us at Holisticz.com for the latest updates.

My solution to fixing leeching / PREVENTING leeching

Royal

0%

Status

Rep

Years of Service

If every person like your thread, then you will get contributor in 2 days xD

I understand that we all want likes, to get better ranks, like contributor, godlike, heaven... But harder way to get it is better, later feels good when you get it for hard work.

Just saying...

Empxthy

Premium member
Premium

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

They will never fix leeching because more posts/more members/more activity improves statistics which in turn increases ad revenue and improves SEO.

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

well first of all, the leechers definition here is kind of wrong! leechers are the people who leech away the content without contributing anything!, well if you say that leechers are the one who take content without dropping a like or anything then all the upgraded members are the same!

and to be honest i have been here since very long and i have seen some plebs who grown here posting shit stolen(leeching) content from other places and gained likes and reps! and they are now contributors, godlikes and heavens as well (no offense to any of these rank holders, the real ones they know that they arent and even they agree that there are some LQ plebs around in these ranks!) (i would totally agree with @Mastiff)

now i dont think leechers are any big issue! because they are the ones getting views to many threads, they are the once who bump your thread with replies, and well if you imagine this who forum being upgraded then you would barely get likes and replies (just imagine XD). and yeah its a cycle: leech....get banned....create new acc....leech! and as @Empxthy said they are indirectly helping to the growth of the forum!

so yeah i mean everyone is a leecher dude! ill be really honest there are a very few original content makers! hence i stopped posting combos and shit and started posting my own methods and knowledge! atleast that is something original than leeched from somewhere! im fine being in low ranks than spam posting and reaching the top! :D anyways good attempt @warrenbuffett

RIP @Tomaat

Mastiff

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

Leechers are not a real issue because most of the content submitted, except for accounts which arguably are already dead when posted, does not expire based on how many users own it.

If we had a team whose task is to systematically suspend leechers after 5 posts, it would probably be better to just make the site invite-only or sell registrations. It is also a very nonsensical system to manage new users, because the premise is that it is a necessary measure to protect the precious content submitted by our "creators". Who are they? Because the last time I checked, people at the top of our usergroups were begging for likes and reputation, threatening to get people banned if they didn't like their threads, using dumb tags hidden in spoilers to hijack search results, if not even boosting their own likes. There is simply no content that needs such a strict measure, because most of the content is not even original.

What we could do instead is stop banning leechers entirely, for the reasons expained here.