Holisticz - Embrace the Infinite

Step into the world of endless opportunities and unlock the gateway to virtual transactions.

• Domain Update: Our Forum has moved! Please visit us at Holisticz.com for the latest updates.

My solution to fixing leeching / PREVENTING leeching

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

This is probably one of the biggest problems on holisticz, and for a lot of people it is beyond frustrating.

For those who do not know, leeching is when someone responds with spam content to gain access to the SPOILER/HIDDEN content. (from my knowledge you do not HAVE TO like a thread you just cannot spam comment on one).

The current methods to combat leeching is large only banning someone after they have already leeched not preventing it altogether using my methods.

I have thought of multiple ways that this could be combated:
  • Introduce a large team of community moderators who can manually review the first 5 posts that brand new members post. (Should be given permission to suspend brand new members.
  • Introduce a strict filtering system for users with 0 reputation or > 2 threads (0 Rep and Less than 2 threads should be low limits to over come if people are actually wanting to be apart of the forums, however this could then introduce shit posting threads; this is where the team of community moderators could then review there first few posts.)
  • Create a popup on screen if you are a new member about to create a post on the lines of:
"LEECHING IS BANNABLE
Leeching is when you make a spam comment to get access to content.
Press OK to post
Press CANCEL to edit"

These above ideas are my main ideas that I could see actually getting implemented however I thought of a few dumb ones that no one will agree with and even I don't agree with some of them:
  • Create a cool down on signup to first post for example 4 hours. (Leechers could lose interest and may filter some of them out. HOWEVER could lose new users from joining)
  • Do some cool stuff with REGEX to block out common replies. (Could be very easily bypassed and will likely have false detections and be really annoying)
  • Create notifications that ask the user to rate a thread after a few hours of initial response, only do this if in the marketplace section. (Will become annoying, and only solve problem of people not liking)
  • Stop people creating account names with clear spam name like "soiufgbndasd". (very easy to get around)

I don't know if there is anyway to truly STOP leechers, however there can definitely be more measure in place to protect creators who keep getting fucked in the ass. Hackerman

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

+1 thinking

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

ill fix leeching when @KSZ makes me mod :kingpepo: