Holisticz - Embrace the Infinite

Step into the world of endless opportunities and unlock the gateway to virtual transactions.

• Domain Update: Our Forum has moved! Please visit us at Holisticz.com for the latest updates.

how ransomware groups communicate with their victims

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

Hi,
[Image: smart.gif]

After multiple reports and researches I have the impression that ALL ransomware groups use email as a technology to talk to their victims. Whereas there are several other solutions XMPP -> TELEGRAM -> ...

Why stay on the mail?

So let me open the debate !

Thanks

words

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

(22 October, 2023 - 10:15 AM)Lc2016 Wrote: Show More
Hi,

After multiple reports and researches I have the impression that ALL ransomware groups use email as a technology to talk to their victims. Whereas there are several other solutions XMPP -> TELEGRAM -> ...

Why stay on the mail?

Thanks

Easier because everyone might have an email, not everyone has telegram // xmpp with OMEMO.

Also because they targeted a lot of enterprises
I do not sell anything. I do not have a public Discord / Telegram. I will never ask anyone for money / refuse any deal via middleman. I will never deny to confirm my identity via PM before any deal. Stay safe, I have impersonators.
(-.-)Zzz...

https://youtu.be/EDVrTYW2l84

PolloTramaOp

Elite member
Elite member Premium

0%

Status

Rep

Years of Service

A good ransomware group use a chat on darknet (onion)
[Image: thinkingpepe.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

(22 October, 2023 - 10:16 AM)similitude Wrote: Show More
(22 October, 2023 - 10:15 AM)Lc2016 Wrote: Show More
Hi,

Why stay on the mail?

Thanks

Easier because everyone might have an email, not everyone has telegram // xmpp with OMEMO.

Also because they targeted a lot of enterprises
Indeed, if the entry point for deploying the ransomware was by e-mail, we might as well continue communicating via this channel, but in that case, which providers are used? And if the e-mail is deleted by the provider, we lose all contact with the victims.
[Image: pepeokay.png]

(22 October, 2023 - 10:17 AM)PolloTramaOp Wrote: Show More
A good ransomware group use a chat on darknet (onion)
[Image: thinkingpepe.png]

It's true that this is the best method for securing connections, but no one has installed tor or knows how to use it... but it's still a good option.
[Image: hackerman.gif]