Holisticz - Embrace the Infinite

Step into the world of endless opportunities and unlock the gateway to virtual transactions.

• Domain Update: Our Forum has moved! Please visit us at Holisticz.com for the latest updates.

Community warning - Fake middleman scams by creating two groups

Kingpin

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

This is a very complex scam, and I would like to warn the community about this, as I fell for it, and this is the first time I have been scammed for more than $100 in over a year, as it tricks you into thinking it is legit.

I would like to thank @Lucas for his quick help and explaining the situation to me.

I will not state the exact dollar amount I am at loss for, but it is over $1000, and all I can do is help others in the community be aware.

This scam involves a user contacting you in an attempt to get you to sell something, exchange something, etc, with a high $ amount attached. They state that they want to use a middleman, which you should ALWAYS do on any deals with high dollar amounts or high risk.

The scam first started when I was looking to exchange my currency, and I was approached by a user. He offered to pay a good rate, and to use middleman, he choose someone from nulled. Not Lucas, but another trusted person. I will not name them as they were fooled as well.

We agreed to use this MM, so he created a group with me and a FAKE middleman with the exact same discord name and tag, but a special character on one of the vowels which couldnt be seen at all. At the same time that he created the fake group with me, the scammer also created a second group with the legitimate middleman, and an impostor with my name and discord info. They copied and pasted everything I said in the fake chat into the legitimate chat.

As you should always do, I asked the middleman to send me a PM onsite to confirm i was really speaking to him. I received a DM from the legitimate middleman, stating the following
[Image: JKlU5um.png]

As you can see, the legitimate middleman sent me a message with a screenshot of the chat they were in, which was the fake chat. Since the scammer copied the messages I sent, it looked the exact same as the fake chat I was in. Therefore I believed this was entirely legit, since I received a PM with a screenshot.

Here is a message for all middlemen: You need to send discrd IDS of the people you are talking to, as well as your payment info- btc/ether addy. This can entirely mitigate this threat if proper checking is done.

I proceeded to send my money to the fake middleman, and things started to get suspiciousfrom here. The scam buyer told me that he wouldnt send the btc until I sent the other half of the $$$, and I refused to. The fake mm then sent me a discord message saying to send him the other half of the funds, since the owner of nulled.to was watching the scammer and wanted to see what he was attempted. I then contacted @Lucas who created a group with the legit guy, then explained what happened, as well as explained to me what can be done to stop this threat.

I want to inform all members of this forum since this scam is very complex and easy to fall for. The monetary hit on me is no good, but to educate the community and make sure this doesnt happen again is the best I can do. I will be bumping this fairly often to make sure it is visible to all.

fixed font

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

this scam goes to whole new dimensionKappa
[Image: mb5BOMm.png]

Kingpin

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

(05 August, 2020 - 03:49 PM)JamesBond Wrote: Show More
this scam is at another level damn Kappa

yeah man far more complex than just an impostor sadly.

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

damn this scam is well thought of, thanks @Psychedelicfor the info sir Hype
[Image: mb5BOMm.png]