Holisticz - Embrace the Infinite

Step into the world of endless opportunities and unlock the gateway to virtual transactions.

• Domain Update: Our Forum has moved! Please visit us at Holisticz.com for the latest updates.

Feature to report/warn users about posts having dead/broken/deleted links

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

I'm not sure if it's a thing
But as far as I can see it isn't
We already have the report whether this application is working (green) not working (yellow) or infected (red)

But I feel it would be useful to have the same thing be done for old posts and prevent the accidental revivals of dead posts

But the thing about dead links and old posts are that some hosts/downloads never get deleted (of course most do after a while)
And others don't get deleted even after 2-10 years (unless reported or the site was shut down or some other problem and etc)

It's never a great idea to automatically avoid old posts (because who knows what hidden gems you might be missing out on :) it just depends on your luck)

But of course this is just a suggestion I'm not sure how easy or difficult it would be to implement this even if it were to just be for future posts onward

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

This already exists, you can report a thread and select the "Dead/Invalid/Outdated Link" button and a member of the staff team will close the thread and alert the user that their thread is outdated.

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

(18 December, 2022 - 01:54 PM)Quessts Wrote: Show More
This already exists, you can report a thread and select the "Dead/Invalid/Outdated Link" button and a member of the staff team will close the thread and alert the user that their thread is outdated.

Thanks!
That's useful to know