Holisticz - Embrace the Infinite

Step into the world of endless opportunities and unlock the gateway to virtual transactions.

• Domain Update: Our Forum has moved! Please visit us at Holisticz.com for the latest updates.

[UHQ GUIDE] HOW TO MOD A NINTENDO SWITCH FREE GAMES!

AXE

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

[HIDE]
This guide will be split into 3 parts
1. Can I mod mine?
2. How do I mod it?
3. How do I get games?

Let's start with
1. Can I mod mine?

To check if you can mod your switch, you can go to this website (click the text) and input your serial code, it's usually on the bottom of the console, note that if you have a switch lite or a switch oled, you can't mod it
2. How do I mod it?
To mod your switch, you'll need
1. an RCM Jig, can be found easily on aliexpress, amazon or ebay
2. Any device to send a payload to the switch (Android with Rekado, PC with TegraRCMGui or an RCM loader from amazon/ebay/aliexpress, usually has a jig included)
3. An SD card, preferably 128GB as it'll hold games and all the homebrew,
4. USB to SD adapter (optional; needed if your PC doesn't have an SD card slot)
5. an unpatched/moddable switch (checked from step 1)

STEPS
1. get all of the files you need from here and just drag them on the SD card, it should just let you do that
2. put the SD card in the switch (under the kickstand)
3. get Hekate (only needed if using windows, it's included in the other 2)
4. put the RCM Jig all the way in the right joycon rail
5. while holding +, press power ONLY ONCE, DON'T HOLD IT, the switch will look like it's off but it really is in RCM (recovery mode) and can run unsigned code in this state
6. after that using either one of the programs, connect the device to the switch and inject the payload (on pc, browse on TegraRCMGUI and choose the hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin file, then inject payload after connecting the switch, on android open Rekado and connect the switch, it should just ask you which one you want to inject, pick hekate)
7. you should boot into some grey/aqua menu, picture here, if you did, great! You just booted into hekate
8. go to tools (on the top bar)
9. partition SD card, set emuMMC to "29 FULL", if you do any more than that you'll make more partitions and waste space
10. hit next step, accept whatever it tells you
11. wait, it might take a while but it's completely normal
12. Close it when it's done and go back to home on the top bar
13. pick emuMMC
14. click create emuMMC
15. pick SD partition
16. pick Part 1
17. wait again, This one will take around 10-15 minutes, do not worry if it takes longer, just remember,
DO NOT TURN OFF THE SWITCH
18. Close when done, it should show emuMMC Info & Selection as Enabled!
19. go back to home and click Launch
20. select CFW (EMUMMC), your switch should boot as "normal", but if you go to the gallery the homebrew menu should show up instead of the gallery, that's how you know you're in the modded firmware, now KEEP THE JIG SAFE, you'll need it to boot back into this mode every time the switch turns off as this modding doesn't occur on the switch itself but on the sd card

Now, before we get to the juicy part, let's check how to stay safe and avoid bans
You'll only need to add a single file to a directory, so go on the switch, open the gallery and choose FTPD, then connect to it from your pc using any ftp client or even file explorer, go to atmosphere, hosts (if the folder doesn't exist make it yourself) and make a text file called emummc.txt, inside the text file you'll need to put this text

Code:[/HIDE]
Code:
# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net
This will block connections to all nintendo servers while in the modded side of the Switch, to prevent telemetry and any connections to nintendo that could get you banned
How do I get games?
Now we get onto the juicy part, the easiest way to get games is through tinfoil and shops
1. go to gallery
2. open tinfoil
3. go to r/switchpirates and search for shops, they each have their own instructions so I can't really type it out here

Now you have a modded switch and access to basically the whole switch library
FAQ

Q: What does possibly patched mean?
A: There's a chance that your switch isn't moddable, the only sure way to check is by trying

Q: I turned off my switch and it's back to normal

A: That's entirely normal, to get back into the modded side you'll need to put the RCM jig in and inject the payload again through your preferred method

Q: Do I risk bricking my switch this way?
A: Not really, since you are doing this on an entirely separate system on the SD card

Q: Will I get banned from nintendo services?
A: Not if you followed the whole guide

PLOG22

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

Thanks brother!

rpunkk

0%

Status

Rep